Invitation to Cuyahoga County Artists
As part of MOCA Cleveland’s summer exhibition, Constant as the Sun, Liz Maugans is creating a work titled The Artist’s Trust: A Portrait of the Artist in Cuyahoga County. The exhibition runs from June 2 through September 17, 2017.
Liz is inviting artists to submit a self-portrait in any medium. To participate, you must:
- Self-identify as an artist
- Live or work in Cuyahoga County
- Be at least 18 years old
Your self-portraits must:
- Be entirely contained on one 8.5 x 11 inch paper or board in vertical (portrait) format with no loose or uncured parts
- Fit inside a sealed 9 x 12 inch envelope
- Include your name, email address and website (if applicable) on the back
For your work to be included in the installation at MOCA, Liz must receive it by May 1, 2017 at:
1410 East 30th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you want your work returned after the exhibition; otherwise it will be discarded. Works that Liz deems harmful or hurtful to others may not be included.
Any artist who submits a self-portrait to this project grants image reproduction rights to MOCA Cleveland and Liz Maugans for educational and promotional use. Copyright for the comprehensive installation of The Artist’s Trust resides with Liz Maugans.